Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Great American Roadtrip Volume VI

I'm not sure at what point my brain decided to stop retaining information. I think it was somewhere over the Atlantic. I've not recovered from the last 3 years of travelling it seems. And still, I don't feel as though my body has physically been that far from home. But whenever I look at a globe, it astonishes me to see just how far this body actually went. My spirit seems to be wading in one of those distant lands because now, sleep has escaped me and I'm afraid I've been plagued with a never-ending jet-lag. Therefore I must document my days lest I forget them forever.

Just this past summer I've travelled all over the mid-west, almost touched the East coast, up and down mountains, and returned yet again to the great South.

But this weekend in Kentucky marked the end of another great year of adventure for my life. My travelling came to completion with an exhibition on The Carter Family, a live show by my buddies from the Hogslop String Band, free records from #1 Carter Family man himself, a visit to WKU and its 3 locked libraries, with one final shabang featuring a little porch show with the beautiful miss Sarah Carter (not related to the former), a delicious collage of food, Mexican Beer... and fireworks to celebrate :)






No comments:

Post a Comment