Friday, June 8, 2012

My new addiction

In need of the perfect dress? Look no further. If you're like me, you have a plethora of clothing in your closet that has not been touched in, dare I say, years. It's time to re-vamp your wardrobe this summer. 


#1: Be in the perfect forest wedding
#2: Find that white dress you just have no use for
#3: Pick your color. I chose RIT this time, but you can also use food coloring, Kool-Aid, or for colored fabrics... bleach (but that's next week.)
#4: For cottons/natural fabric you will need 1 cup of salt and 2 gallons of hot water
#5: Dip your garb in the mixed dye/salt concoction
#6: Find big spoon/stick and stir. Keep stirring/agitating for a good 15-30 minutes
* The label said 30-60 minutes but I noticed my fabric getting SUPER dark and I didn't want emerald.

and..... Voilà!

No comments:

Post a Comment