Sunday, August 8, 2010

Abolition. It's about time.

But we're nowhere near it.

I read recently that it is not legal to own sex slaves in India, but it is okay to solicit yourself privately. Though a recent comment by the Indian Supreme Court may mark the beginning of an unfourtunate change. According to India Today a bench suggested to the government to legalise sex trade.

This has to end.

I don't know how any sane person or country could let this happen in their own country. Furthermore, it's happening all over. NOT JUST INDIA. 27 MILLION SLAVES still exist today. Some may be even in your back yard. Yes, yours. America, Europe, Asia, Africa.

This video is not pretty: watch it at your own risk. It is too close to what I experienced in October. Melody and I walked down this very road and I probably saw some of the same women on the streets.




An organization I've been following for awhile brings us into a glimpse of the hope THEY are offering.

Love146 Overview from LOVE146 on Vimeo.



With this, I want to get you guys excited about what is to come. I will be returning to India in January to start on my documentary of Kamathipura and working with a wonderful organization that wants to open a second hand shop helping girls out of prostitution. There is so much more need, but it is what I can do in this time. PLEASE email me if you want to learn more and HELP SUPPORT this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment