Thursday, October 28, 2010

you never realize how much you love something until it is gone

These girls captured my heart.



Sfelg (second from the right) could honestly be my long-lost Ethiopian sister. Even though she speaks very little English, you would never realize it since she seems to communicate all too easily through laughter and silliness. We each talked in our Julia Child voice all the way back home that day with the scents of Kosche (trash) in the air and sights of donkeys and tracks trash passing by.




This is Menna. Another great friend I made. She's only 20 but puts all of her time and energy into these girls. Everyday she is at the house teaching the girls or serving them injera. Oh, injera. How I miss the.


Germany is cold. I'm missing my Africa sun :(

No comments:

Post a Comment