Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bachelorette Pad Recipes

I've been conjuring up recipes with the little food I have stored in my freezer. Most of the remaining parcels in my fridge are condiments or some sort of expired milk product. It's quite depressing. Tonight has been the best concoction: 

Curried Coconut Broccoli over Pan Roasted Marsala Chicken

  • One can Coconut Milk
  • 3 Tbsp Curry
  • Kosher Sea salt to taste
  • Black pepper
  • 1 1/2 Cups finely chopped broccoli
Cook and stir together. Pour over cooked chicken seasoned in Marsala and pepper

This is the first time I've not lived in community in almost 6 years. I'm still learning how to shop for just myself, but quite frankly, grocery stores/products are not designed in a way which gives favor to the single - especially fruit. I try to keep fresh food around, but have found myself throwing away more than I purchase (which is not like me considering a large chunk of my current food is actually from the dumpster). Last weekend my best buds and I hit the jackpot at Trader Joe's. We made watermelon strawberry smoothies while juggling apples and hoola-hooping at 1 in the morning. Literally.



No comments:

Post a Comment