Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My biggest inspiration

I first heard about Hanson when I was 12 and was instantly hooked. Their music was something I had never heard before and there was something to them that I had never seen (I mean- they WERE sooooooooo cute!). As I followed them more I realized that their faith in Christ molded them greatly. These 3 guys have a such a huge heart for the needy.

A few years ago, they teamed up with this company called TOMS (maybe you've heard of them?). After that, they started a new movement: Take The Walk. Before every show, they gather at a meeting place in that town and walk a mile without shoes. For ever person who walks they donate $1 to their fund that is helping people in poverty. Most of the people they help are women in Africa with AIDS or young children who've never owned a pair of shoes in their life.

These days I can proudly say that I am a Hanson fan. I've been there since day 1 and can never leave. I know the guys will never read this, but thanks for being my biggest inspiration :)

I wouldn't be here without you...


Follow Your Lead

HANSON | MySpace Music Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment