Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I don't understand

First of all I have no intention of judging or offending anyone by this post, I simply hope to portray my concern, personal convictions, and ask a few questions.

The past few months I've been travelling I have noticed that especially in the "Christian world" people are fascinated with Apple products. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Apple produces great products that are aesthetically pleasing and work well. But I've noticed that across the board in America, most churches, "Christians" (I use this term lightly), and pastors have and use Apple 99.9% of the time. I've seen them in church services, conferences, by preachers, and the congregation tweeting or reading their Bible via iPhone. Personally the latter is just sick. I know it's convenient and I myself have a Kindle so I have no room to talk about it's versatility, but REALLY?

I don't get it. Personally I would rather save the $500-$3000 on my computer and other products than have the infamous Apple symbol peaking out. I've never had a problem with my PC, my Sony MP3 player, or my free Nokia flip phone. I have all the same programs as you, and some other features that I think are even greater (smart keys, easy to type, and not having my screen disappear every time I use the touch pad.)

So my question is, are you ashamed to own a PC? Does your Mac define you? Or you simply have so much money to spend that you don't care how much your computer or phone costs? Really I would like to know because I could give you a few ideas of where you could donate that extra money. I'm not kidding.

I know a few friends who have had nice Macbooks given to them and I love that. They really need them and use them for work. And I hope some day some one donates a Macbook Pro i7 with 8GB of ram. I will not complain :)
I mean, as long as you give double of what you gave to me to the poor first.


But to me that's almost asking for someone to donate a Mercedes Benz when a beat up Dodge Caravan will work just fine.... which I wouldn't mind either. The Dodge, not the Benz.

And like I said, please do not yell at me for this. I really do want to know the truth.

"the power the pleasure, the possessions of this world, they pale in comparison to the beauty of my lord"

1 comment: